Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What is he doing out there?

I flew a quad for while but always lost orientation.  When I was flying a tricopter I could tell front and back much better. So I built a V-tail quad.  I have best of both worlds.  Excellent yaw authority but no mechanical linkages.  I also get the added stability of a quad but with better orientation from a distance.  Got it finish and programmed a multiwii board (Quadrino Zoom - 9 degrees of freedom, Acc, gyro, compass and barometer) a friend loaned me.  Did a late night flight with the LED's blazing in the neighborhood.  Heard my neighbors say, "What is he doing out there?"



Got the idea from here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1622447

Used Arduino 1.0 sketch with V-tail and Quadrino Zoom commented.  Used the Multiwii 2.0 configuarator to setup board.  Powered board with a single bec from motor 3.  

Got to tune the PID's since I have some twitching.  Will update when/if I get it dialed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment